The next election for open Village Board member positions will be April 4, 2023. The first day to circulate nomination papers is September 20, 2022. Please see the links below for other important dates.
December 12, 2022 - First day to file nomination petitions. The Cary Municipal Center will be available to receive petitions, Monday thru Thursday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and Friday, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm. Petition filing will close at 5:00 pm on Monday, December 19, 2022.
- The term of office for Mayor is four (4) years.
- The term of office for each Board of Trustee position is four (4) years. (2023 - Three open positions)
- The term of office for the Village Clerk position is four (4) years. (2023 - One open position of two years to complete term)
The above information is provided for general purposes only. All candidates should consult with legal counsel regarding election matters.
To qualify to hold office a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered voter in the Village of Cary.
- Reside in the Village for at least one year preceding the election.
- Must not be in arrears in the payment of any tax or other indebtedness due the Village.
- Must not have been convicted in any court located in the United States of any infamous crime, bribery, perjury, or other felony