The Village of Cary is pleased to offer Spring Clean Up as an opportunity for residents to get rid of any unwanted items. The Village hopes residents take advantage of this great opportunity to kick start their spring cleaning.
Advanced Disposal will collect items placed out for Spring Clean Up on the same day as your regularly scheduled refuse collection day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday OR Thursday).
Items for pickup must be set out at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your regularly scheduled collection day. Advanced Disposal will NOT come back to your residence for missed items once they have passed by your residence.
Items that will be collected as part of this program include everything EXCEPT the following items:
- No Tires
- No Automobile Batteries
- No Batteries
- No Landscape Materials
- No Household Hazardous Waste (No Paint, Fluorescent Bulbs, etc.)
- No Gas Tanks
- No Root Balls
- No Sod/Rocks/Dirt/Concrete
- No Propane Tanks
- No Appliances
- No Computers, Monitors & Equipment
- No Fencing, Decking, or other Construction Debris
- No Firewood
- No 8ft Glass Doors / Mirrors
The following will be picked up if correctly prepared:
- Mattresses - Wrapped in plastic from a home improvement/moving store, or enclosed in a plastic mattress cover
- Needles - If Properly Disposed of in Puncture Proof Receptacle
All collection materials must be under 4ft in length and less than 50lbs. (Examples: Doors cut in half / entertainment systems broken down.)
Everything being disposed of needs to be contained in bags or receptacles weighing less than 50lbs.
Loose refuse will be left behind.