The next election for open Village Board member positions will be in April 2025.
Please see the links below for other important dates.
- The term of office for Mayor is four (4) years.
- The term of office for each Board of Trustee position is four (4) years.
- The term of office for the Village Clerk position is four (4) years.
Independent Candidate Packet 2023
2023 Election Calendar Dates
Candidate Information on Municipal Elections 2023
2023 Candidate's Guide
The above information is provided for general purposes only. All candidates should consult with legal counsel regarding election matters.
To qualify to hold office a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered voter in the Village of Cary.
- Reside in the Village for at least one year preceding the election.
- Must not be in arrears in the payment of any tax or other indebtedness due the Village.
- Must not have been convicted in any court located in the United States of any infamous crime, bribery, perjury, or other felony
Additional Election information can be found at the McHenry County Clerk's website and Illinois State Board of Elections.